Our Committee’s Mission Statement:
- Opening eyes, opening hearts, opening hands
- Opening eyes through education and discussion.
- Opening hearts to the needs in our local community.
- Opening hands to do good and pursue justice.
Our Inspiration from Torah and Tradition:
Deuteronomy 15:11: For there will never cease to be needy ones in your land, which is why I command you: open your hand to the poor and needy kinsman in your land.
Isa 1:17: Learn to do good. Pursue justice.
Pirkei Avot: It is not upon you to complete the work, but neither are you free to desist from it.
Tikkun Olam Monthly Donation Drive
Kol Emet began partnering with the Interfaith Food Alliance (IFA), an organization fighting hunger in Lower Bucks, in Summer 2018. We support IFA in a variety of ways, including a monthly donation drive to provide some of the most “in-demand” items IFA offers the families it serves.
In the month of DECEMBER we are collecting:
- Facial tissues
- Hand sanitizers
Please drop your donations at the synagogue throughout the month.
- Wednesday, Jan. 22: Blood Drive – please consider performing the mitzvah of donating blood
- Sunday, Jan. 26: Sacred Heart Soup Kitchen – join us for a joyous day of mitzvah as we cook and serve a homemade dinner at the Sacred Heart Church in Trenton. Click here to sign up.
- Sunday, Mar. 29: Tikkun Olam Committee’s Book of the Year – The Green Boat by Mary Pipher